IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) Photofacials can improve the signs of sun damage, rosacea, and brown and red spots on the face, hands and body. A Limelight IPL Photofacial is a light-based innovative treatment that quickly and safely improves skintone and surface imperfections associated with aging and sun damage. It has also been used to reduce the appearance of mild acne scars, small blood vessels, dark circles around the eyes and fine lines around the eyes and mouth. If you want the skin on your face to be smoother and healthier, and if you want to look younger, then Limelight IPL might be the cosmetic treatment for you.
One to four treatments are usually sufficient to see results. Signs of sun damage and age spots will usually flake off in 10-14 days, leaving you with healthier, cleaner and younger skin.
IPL Photofacial Pre-Treatment Instructions:
- Avoid the sun and tanning beds in the area to be treated for 4-6 weeks before laser treatments. If you are tanned, wait until it fades!
- Wear broad spectrum sun protection with SPF 30 or higher on any exposed treatment area every day.
- If you have a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be started the day before treatment and continued one week after treatment.
- Darker pigmented skin cannot be treated with the photofacial device! If treated, you will have burns with hyperpigmentation and this may not clear for 6 months or more. The use of topical medications will be much safer for you.
- The use of self-tanners must be discontinued one week before treatment.
- On the day of the laser treatment, do not wear any lotions, body oils, perfumes, deodorant or makeup on the area to be treated.
- No photofacials while on accutane or retinoids (retin-A). At least one month off of accutane and 1 week off retinoids.
What Should I Do Next?
If you are interested in Limelight IPL, then schedule a free no-obligation consultation with us today by calling 314-469-2946.